You don’t have to live with chronic pain
If you suffer from chronic pain and thought you would just have to learn to live with it, take heart. Effective treatments (see list below) are available at Neil King Physical Therapy.
Chronic pain is defined as continuous pain and other symptoms lasting over six months and affecting a person’s normal activities and well-being. Chronic pain afflicts over 85 million Americans and the average chronic pain patient suffers for seven years and has three major surgeries in their desperate search for pain relief. Pain is a problem no matter where it comes from. People may suffer from arthritis or joint pain, muscle pain, nerve pain (neuropathy), headaches or extremity pain. Cancer patientents often have pain, as well. You don’t have to live with your pain, especially with so many treatments available, including:
- Soft-tissue mobilization
- Joint mobilization
- Manual traction
- Myofascial release
- Phonophoresis and iontophoresis
- Postural and gait training
- Cervical and lumbar traction
- Strengthening and stretching
- Home exercise programs
- E-STIM / TENS
- Cold packs
- Neuromuscular re-education
- AROM (active range of motion) / PROM (passive range of motion) / AAROM (active/assistive range of motion
- Massage therapy
In addition to these standard traditional therapies, we use specialized therapies you won’t find at other physical therapy centers. These include:
- Rolfing® by a certified Rolfer to remove pain and stress throughout your body
- Pilates to improve core strength and balance
- CranioSacral physical therapy to gently remove pressure on nerves
- Orthopedic manual physical therapy specialized hands-on treatments for pain
These procedures, especially Rolfing®, are seldom seen in PT clinics. They are not taught in PT school and are only learned because of our therapists’ interest in continuing education. Our team uses manual techniques that help promote blood flow and oxygenation while decreasing pain and inflammation. Don’t let chronic pain stop you from the things you want and need to do. See for yourself why we’re the doctor’s choice for chronic pain relief.
Get rid of chronic pain. Call Neil King Physical Therapy at 844.275.9847 or fill out our Online Request Form to make an appointment. Learn firsthand why we are the doctor’s choice for pain relief. We treat patients from the surrounding areas of Oakland County, Macomb County, and Wayne County.